If you're looking for relief from psoriasis, goat milk soap may be able to help you the way it has helped others. (Read hundreds of psoriasis testimonials here).
If you're looking for relief from your psoriasis, we recommend these steps:
- Remove as many chemicals and detergents from your personal care products as possible. This includes soap, lotion, shampoo, make-up, and deodorant.
- Use the unscented tea tree goat milk soap exclusively for at least a week.
- After a week, add an tea tree lotion to see if it further improves your skin. (You don't want to do the lotion and soap at the same time because sometimes the lotion makes psoriasis symptoms better and sometimes it doesn't.)
- At some point, start washing all your clothes, sheets and towels in the laundry soap because it completely rinses out of your clothes and doesn't leave behind any chemicals to irritate your skin.
- Find a shampoo that works for you that does not include any chemicals (we recommend starting with the tea tree).
- Experiment to see if one of the other goat milk soaps (calendula, organic castile, purity, charcoal) works any better than the tea tree. Try each one for at least 1 week so you can give it a fair test. There are smaller sizes available (see the size comparison chart) so you can save money while you are figuring out which goat milk soap is best for your skin.
The reason we suggest starting with the tea tree is because most of our psoriasis customers use the tea tree goat milk soap for their psoriasis. But because each person's skin may react differently to different goat milk soaps, you should try the other goat milk soaps at some point as well.
These are the five goat milk soaps that we get the best feedback from for relief from psoriasis symptoms:
- Purity goat milk soap - an unscented soap made with raw goat milk that is very gentle for psoriasis prone skin.
- Tea Tree goat milk soap - the purity soap with tea tree essential oil added. Tea Tree essential oil is anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal.
- Organic Castile goat milk soap - made with only organic extra virgin olive oil and raw goat milk, this soap will not lather as well as the purity (it is more lotion-like), but is the gentlest soap we make and the one we recommend for hyper-sensitive skin and for newborns.
- Calendula goat milk soap - similar to the castile soap, but with calendula flowers infused and castor oil added to increase the lather.
- Activated Bamboo Charcoal - the purity goat milk soap with added charcoal. If you've never used a charcoal soap before, be sure to test it on a small portion of skin first as a small number of people are sensitive to charcoal.
In addition to full sized bars, each of these goat milk soaps is available in half bars or travel bars (see the size comparison chart) so you can test them on your skin.
Some people have found that once they get their psoriasis under control, they are able to switch to a Goat Milk Stuff scented soap. Others continue to use one of these soaps. You need to test them on your skin to see what works best for you.
If the soaps and lotions alone don't offer enough relief, you may want to also try our laundry soap to get all the chemical detergents out of your sheets, clothes, and towels. These chemicals may be further irritating your skin and causing psoriasis flare-ups. We also have a solution for chemical free deodorant.
Everyone's skin is different, so we can't promise that our goat milk soap will offer you relief from your psoriasis symptoms. But we can share with you hundreds and hundreds of testimonials from people who found relief with our goat milk soaps. And unless you are allergic to one of the ingredients, the soap should not aggravate psoriasis symptoms.
We regularly pray that our soap will help whoever needs it and we hope it will help you (or your loved one) find relief from psoriasis symptoms as well.